HOW DOES MOOVY WORK?
How do I get started with Moovy?
- Log in to the service with your phone number and a one-time code that will be sent to you by SMS.
- Add the car’s license plate number and payment card information to the application.
- The license plate’s “automatic camera recognition” is immediately enabled. If you wish, you can disable that feature during the process of installation or at any other time.
- We recommend that you accept the application notifications during installation. In this case, you will always be notified when parking starts and ends.
How does Moovy work in parking garages and areas with license plate camera recognition?
- When entering a parking garage or parking location, the camera recognizes the car’s license plate, raises the boom automatically and parking starts.
- Upon exit, the boom opens again automatically and parking ends.
- The application displays the parking time in real time and the pedestrian door code is displayed in the application.
- Camera recognition can be active for the same car with only one user at a time, so Moovy can only charge for parking once.
- Do not take a ticket for parking when using the Moovy.
- Remember to tell others who drive the same car about Moovy in order to avoid double charging.
How does Moovy work on the street and in other parking locations?
- Make sure your phone locates you correctly. If necessary, change your location to the correct location.
- Select the license plate number of the car to be parked at the bottom of the application.
- Set the required parking time on the timeline and start parking.
- If the duration is shorter than expected, you can end the parking in the application. If you need a longer parking time than you had expected, you can add time from the timeline in the main view.
- The parking enforcement sees valid Moovy parking from the control application based on the license plate number.
- TIP! More than one vehicle on your Moovy account and the street parking accidentally starts with the wrong registration number? We have added a feature, which asks you to confirm the right registration number before the parking starts running. You can start using this feature by adding it through the new My account & settings tab.
- TIP! On the “My account & Settings” tab of the Moovy application, it is possible to start a street parking reminder, which reminds you to finish parking after you set off. When the street parking reminder is enabled, the location services of the Moovy application must be “Always enabled”. You can easily update the app’s settings from your phone’s settings.
- TIP! You can find the section “Remember the duration of street parking” in the “My account & settings” menu of the Moovy application By selecting this, the application defaults to the last parking duration you set for street parking.
How do I manage license plate numbers in Moovy?
- You can add or remove car license plate numbers from the Vehicles menu.
- All license plate numbers consisting of letters and numbers in different orders, which are on the front of the car, are valid for the service.
- You can enable and disable camera recognition of your vehicle’s registration number through “Vehicles” tab on your Moovy account by tapping the circle next to the registration number.
- Multiple cars can be added to the application and the same license plate number can be added to the applications of multiple users. However, camera recognition can only be active for one user at a time.
- Remember to delete the car’s license plate number from Moovy if you no longer use the car. Moovy is not responsible for errors in the registered data or charges due to incorrect data.
- If you stop using the service, delete all license plate number entries before deleting the application.
How do I enter the parking lot after I’ve parked my car?
- You will find the door code on your Moovy account’s main page. The code only shows when the parking is going on.
How can I stop using the service?
- Delete all registration numbers before removing the application from the device. This prevents new parking events from being triggered in the app.
- Check that you do not have any valid parking contracts or unpaid fees.
- The request to delete the Moovy account can be made from the “My Information” tab in the “My Information and Settings” menu by selecting “Delete account”. The request to delete an account cannot be reversed.
- If you are using an old application version, and the “Delete account” button is not visible at the bottom of the page, you can update the application from the device’s application store.
- You can also send a request to delete an account to Moovy customer service by email. Please state the phone number you registered with Moovy in your message.
- If there is an obstacle to deleting the account, our customer service will contact you.
How do I change my phone number in Moovy?
- There is no need to create a new Moovy account. Notify customer service about a change of phone number at firstname.lastname@example.org
PRICES AND PAYMENTS
How will my parking be charged?
- Parking and service fees will be charged to the payment card added to the service afterwards at the beginning of the following month.
- The amount to be charged is the parking fee for the location + € 0.49 service fee / parking event. The payment ceiling for service fees is € 4.95 / user / payment card per calendar month.
- Two cards can be added to the service. You will be charged from the default card. However, if you wish, you can change the payment card for an individual parking event after parking from the Parking & subscriptions menu.
- Please note! When Moovy charges you, the account statement shows MOOVY Tampere. Tampere will appear on the account statement according to the service’s domicile, regardless of where you have parked.
Which cards are accepted as a means of payment?
- The following are accepted as payment cards:
- Visa and Mastercard Credit or Debit cards
- Visa Electron and Mastercard Maestro
Please note that banks may have restrictions on the use of cards.
- The following cards cannot be used in the service:
- American Express
- Diners Club
- S-Pankki cash card
Where can different card numbers be found on different cards?
- The number on the front of a combination card (Credit / Debit) (16 digits) is the credit card number. The security number is on the back of the card.
- The debit number can be found on the back of the combination card in the lower left corner. The first 16 digits serve as the debit card number and the last three digits act as the security number.
Can’t edit or add a debit or a credit card
- In the beginning of 2021, the EU Second Payment Services Directive (PSD2) came into effect, which means that adding or updating your debit or credit card requires strong authentication. Strong authentication method depends on the bank, so we suggest contacting your local bank for further information.
How do I get a receipt?
- Add your email address in My account. Make sure to verify the email address.
- A receipt for parking events will automatically be emailed when the charge is successful.
- You can also download a monthly payment summary from the Parking & subscriptions -menu
- Individual parking event information can be ordered by email from the Moovy application.
Charging fails, what can I do?
- Check that online payment from your card is allowed. The online purchase limit should be large enough and recurring charges from the same service provider allowed.
- If your card has expired, it will need to be updated to Moovy.
- Sometimes automatic card charges fail. We will retry the charge in a few days.
Discounts granted by third parties
- Not all parking discounts are compatible with Moovy, please check with the discount provider.
How much does it cost to use Moovy?
- The amount to be charged is the location’s parking fee + € 0.49 service fee / parking event. The payment ceiling for service fees is € 4.95 / user / payment card per calendar month.
- If the parking fee is zero, no service fee will be charged.
- If you do not park with Moovy, you will also not be charged any service fees.
- The service fee does not apply to contract parking.
Subscription parking for private individuals
- You will find the available subscription products in the service menu of the application under Store.
- You can use the parking permit immediately by pressing “Confirm subscription”. The subscription is valid indefinitely.
- The subscription is valid from the moment of order. When ordering in the middle of the month, you will only pay for the remaining days of that month.
- The subscription is indefinite and the payment is made in advance at the beginning of each month.
- You can manage the active license plate numbers of the subscription in the Parking & Subscriptions menu. The subscription can have one active license plate number at a time.
- Termination of the contract takes place via the “Parking & Subscriptions” menu. The termination period of the contract is a full calendar month and the contract ends at the end of the month following the termination.
Subscription parking for businesses
- Companies can subscribe to contract parking spaces at business.moovy.fi
- The contact person creates the business account, orders the desired amount of parking subscriptions and shares the right to employees.
- The employees control their own license plate numbers in Moovy app.
- The subscriptions are charged from the company by billing.