FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW DOES MOOVY WORK?
How do I get started with Moovy?
- Log in to the service with your phone number and a one-time code that will be sent to you by SMS.
- Add the car’s license plate number and payment card information to the application.
- The license plate’s “automatic camera recognition” is immediately enabled. If you wish, you can disable that feature during the process of installation or at any other time.
- We recommend that you accept the application notifications during installation. In this case, you will always be notified when parking starts and ends.
How does Moovy work in parking garages and areas with license plate camera recognition?
- When entering a parking garage or parking location, the camera recognizes the car’s license plate, raises the boom automatically and parking starts.
- Upon exit, the boom opens again automatically and parking ends.
- The application displays the parking time in real time and the pedestrian door code is displayed in the application.
- Camera recognition can be active for the same car with only one user at a time, so Moovy can only charge for parking once.
- Do not take a ticket for parking when using the Moovy.
- Remember to tell others who drive the same car about Moovy in order to avoid double charging.
How does Moovy work on the street and in other parking locations?
- Make sure your phone locates you correctly. If necessary, change your location to the correct location.
- Select the license plate number of the car to be parked at the bottom of the application.
- Set the required parking time on the timeline and start parking.
- If the duration is shorter than expected, you can end the parking in the application.
- The parking enforcement sees valid Moovy parking from the control application based on the license plate number.
How do I manage license plate numbers in Moovy?
- You can add or remove car license plate numbers from the Vehicles menu.
- All license plate numbers consisting of letters and numbers in different orders, which are on the front of the car, are valid for the service.
- You can enable and disable camera recognition of your vehicle’s registration number through “Vehicles” tab on your Moovy account by tapping the circle next to the registration number.
- Multiple cars can be added to the application and the same license plate number can be added to the applications of multiple users. However, camera recognition can only be active for one user at a time.
- Remember to delete the car’s license plate number from Moovy if you no longer use the car.
- If you stop using the service, delete all license plate number entries before deleting the application.
How do I enter the parking lot after I’ve parked my car?
- You will find the door code on your Moovy account’s main page. The code only shows when the parking is going on.
How can I stop using the service?
- Remove all license plate numbers from the application before deleting it.
- If you would like your Moovy account to be deleted, please email a request to Moovy Customer Service.
PRICES AND PAYMENTS
How will my parking be charged?
- Parking and service fees will be charged to the payment card added to the service afterwards at the beginning of the following month.
- Two cards can be added to the service. You will be charged from the default card. However, if you wish, you can change the payment card for an individual parking event after parking from the Parking & subscriptions menu.
Which cards are accepted as a means of payment?
- The following are accepted as payment cards:
- Visa and Mastercard Credit or Debit cards
- Visa Electron and Mastercard Maestro
Please note that banks may have restrictions on the use of cards.
- The following cards cannot be used in the service:
- American Express
- Diners Club
- S-Pankki cash card
Where can different card numbers be found on different cards?
- The number on the front of a combination card (Credit / Debit) (16 digits) is the credit card number. The security number is on the back of the card.
- The debit number can be found on the back of the combination card in the lower left corner. The first 16 digits serve as the debit card number and the last three digits act as the security number.
How do I get a receipt?
- Add your email address in My account. Make sure to verify the email address.
- A receipt for parking events will automatically be emailed when the charge is successful.
- Individual parking event information can be ordered by email from the Moovy application.
Charging fails, what can I do?
- Check that online payment from your card is allowed. The online purchase limit should be large enough and recurring charges from the same service provider allowed.
- If your card has expired, it will need to be updated to Moovy.
- Sometimes automatic card charges fail. We will retry the charge in a few days.
Discounts granted by third parties
- Not all parking discounts are compatible with Moovy, please check with the discount provider.
How much does it cost to use Moovy?
- The amount to be charged is the location’s parking fee + € 0.49 service fee / parking event. The payment ceiling for service fees is € 4.95 / user / payment card per calendar month.
- If the parking fee is zero, no service fee will be charged.
- If you do not park with Moovy, you will also not be charged any service fees.
- The service fee does not apply to contract parking.
Contract parking for private individuals
- You will find the available contract products in the service menu of the application under Store.
- You can use the parking permit immediately by pressing “Activate contract”. The contract is valid indefinitely.
- You can manage the active license plate numbers of the contract in the Parking & Subscriptions menu, the contract can have one active license plate number at a time.
Contract parking for businesses
- Companies can subscribe to contract parking spaces at business.moovy.fi